I was really pleased to be nominated for this Liebster award by the lovely Amanda from Lazy Girl Loves! It’s so nice that she enjoyed reading my blog and thought to nominate me!
For anyone that maybe unsure of what the Liebster Award actually is, it is a virtual award that is passed on from blogger to blogger as a show of support, and it also helps to promote any fellow bloggers that we enjoy reading.
HERE ARE THE RULES:
You must acknowledge who has nominated you and also share their links.
Share 11 facts about yourself.
Answer all 11 questions asked.
Nominate 11 more bloggers whose blog you would recommend.
Ask 11 questions that you would like those bloggers to answer.
Include an image of the Liebster Award either in your post or in the sidebar of your blog.
Let the bloggers you have nominated know that they’ve been nominated.
1. I have a heart shaped birthmark on my arm
2. I was a very creepy child (think Wednesday Adams) but no longer am I creepy!
3. I have been with my Fiance for 10 years (!)
4. I have a degree in Computer Games Art that I no longer use but it was loads of fun to do!
5. I was a World of Warcraft addict and still love to play games in my free time (when I get any that is)
6. I’m left handed
7. I taught myself to crochet using youtube videos and bucketloads of perseverence
8. My nanna taught me to knit as a child and I’d love to pick it back up again as a tribute to her
9. My fiance and I have recently bought our first house together and are currently in the process of gutting and DIYing it one room at a time
10. I love to grow vegetables… even though I’m not very good at it
11. I didn’t own a passport and had never left the UK until I was 28… my first ever holiday was to Rome last September!
If you could live in any reality TV series, what would it be?
I don’t tend to watch reality TV so I’ll probably say The Great British Bake off; baking in a tent sounds like a lot of fun and I do love to bake!
What’s your favourite Web site?
Pinterest! If I’m on my phone I’m either on Facebook or Pinterest, and it’s usually Pinterest, just so many pretty things to look at and pretend I’m going to have a go at!
What was your most recent trip of more than 50 miles?
Our last trip was to Paris for our 10 year anniversary! It was a pretty spectacular weekend where we ate too much amazing food and drank lots of lovely wine!!
What’s the best bargain you’ve ever found ?
I once got a pair of trainers for £1! A freaking pound!! Still marvelling about it 4 years later!
When ordering a takeaway what do you order?
Depends on the day but absolute favourite is Curry, as hot as we dare, mushroom pilau, garlic naan bread and onion bhajis! Pure food coma heaven!
What’s the best costume you’ve ever worn?
I once dressed as a pirate wench using just items from my wardrobe! Millions of scarves and an oversized shirt tied up and there you have it, instant pirate wench!
What’s your least favourite word and why?
I don’t think I ever dislike a word, usually just how someone uses it.
If you could travel anywhere, where would it be?
I’d love to go to china, so much culture and tasty food!
Where do you go for advice?
Google, it always knows the answer! If in doubt though my hubby or my mam are good backups!
What’s your favourite knock-knock joke?
I’m going to be cheeky and just change this to joke!
What do bats sing when it rains?
Raindrops are falling on my feet!
I’m just going to go off and giggle for a bit before I answer any more…
If you could have a super power, what would it be?
Probably invisibility… but I’d abuse it, with great power comes great responsibility!
I’ve tried to nominate a variety of different types of blogs so there’s something to read whatever mood you’re in right now! Please visit these blogs and leave a some nice comments for me, so without further adieu:
MY LIEBSTER AWARD NOMINATIONS ARE:
Mercy from Wanderbird (An interesting meander through books and writing inspiration)
Lea from Lou and Lea (a creativity, lifestyle and happiness blog)
Yuen Mi from A Travel Diary (A travel blog, although I particularly enjoy the food aspects of this blog)
Bee from Bee Du Jour (Another travel blog, focussing more on life in different place, lovely reading)
Daniella from I Like to Dabble (A great blog to guide you through running your own blog)
Ingrid from Something Wonderful (A lifestyle blog focussing on positivity, it was a lovely read)
Beth from I am Branching Out (A crochet and photography blog; she makes wonderful wreaths and socks!)
Blinking Cat from Blinking Cat (A crochet blog with some lovely advice)
Adrienne from Wonderful Creations (A craft blog with a lovely variety of projects)
Heather from Heather Mitchell Design (Home of lots of pretty papercrafts to really inspire you!)
Rachel from Sustainably Simple (lots of advice and ideas on how we can all live more simply, and more sustainably)
1. What made you start blogging?
2. Other than your blog subject what is your favourite hobby?
3. When was the last time you laughed so hard you cried and why?
4. What is your motto?
5. What did you want to be when growing up?
6. What is your favourite book and why?
7. What are your goals for the future?
8. Where is your favourite place in the world?
9. If you could instantly learn a new skill what would it be?
10. You get one meal that you have to eat over and over for the rest of your life, what would it be?
11. You can meet one person from history, who is it and why?
So those are my nominations and questions, please take some time to visit the other blogs and leave them some love! I’d like to once again say thank you to Amanda for my nomination, and I’ll see you all again on Sunday!