So after a long week at work (and the prospect of having to do my taxes….) I am absolutely thrilled to be able to tell you that I have been nominated for the Blogger Recognition Award by Thoroughly Modern Gillie. Her blog is a pleasure to read and full of tips and tricks to help us get through day to day life! Now without further adieu:
The Rules for The Blogger Recognition Award are:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Write a post to show your award
- Give a brief story of how your blog started
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers
- Select 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them and provide the link to the post you created.
How my Blog Started
My blog started as an expansion to my handmade items business. In all honesty business was trickling and I wanted to build a brand. Really, I felt bad for how much you need to charge for handmade items and wanted to use my skills to provide people with a free service. This is the money side of things.
Once I began to blog I began to get a glimpse of the community behind the blogging and yarn scene and to realise just how rewarding this community could be. Blogging has awakened new passions in me that I never got chance to explore before; I have discovered that I love photography, writing and DIY in addition to my passion for crochet.
Advice for new bloggers
- Find something you are passionate about. The reason that I still continue to blog passionately is because I managed to move on from the rigid ‘must have a blog to build a brand’ and found myself a place where I can unleash my creativity. The truth is, if you are doing it because you HAVE to and not because you WANT to it’s going to fizzle out very quickly.
- It’s hard to make money blogging, you think to yourself ‘I just need to get adsense and I’ll be set for life’, well if I’m perfectly honest, I’ve had adsense for 3 months and I’ve made £3.97 (I can’t even cash in until I reach £40…). It is possible to make money from your blog but don’t be disheartened if it takes a lot of effort and a truckload of time.
- Sneaky extra piece of advice: find some friends in the blogging community, I can be one of them if you like! This whole thing is a lot more fun when we’re doing it together!
As before I’m going to give a variety of blogs because we all like to read about things other than crochet and crafts! Obviously there’s a healthy smattering of crochet blogs but I have a lot of interests and follow lots of different blogs that you might also enjoy!
- Chel Loves Wine (it’s a wine blog, what’s not to love? As well as information on wines shes also provides cocktail recipes which look rather tasty!)
- Hunger | Thirst | Play (Lots of really delicious looking recipes!
- The Messy Brunette (Lovely little craft blog with some nice small projects that even I can do!)
- Craft and other Crazy Plans (A craft, crochet and knitting blog – eclectic, like me- makes wonderful cards and lots of socks!)
- Small Things (A life blog, Ginny blogs about her family and takes the most beautiful photographs. Her writing is so calm and serene and I always look forward to reading them)
- Grandmas House DIY (Lovely DIY blog; Tarah has taken over her grandmas house and beautifully restored it)
- Poppy and Bliss (pretty crochet patterns, everything is bright and beautiful! I particularly like her pattern for tunisian crochet feathers)
- Tialys (general thread/yarn crafts blog but mostly I like her sense of humour and writing)
- Gareth Mate (A life and adventure blog of an englishman living in the Netherlands, lovely storytelling and really nice photography)
- The Artful Appetite (lovely vegetarian recipes)
- SerendipiDIY (A crafts blog with some really cute ideas!)
- Chef in Disguise (Very tasty looking Middle-Eastern recipes)
- Zeens and Roger (A lovely crochet blog)
- Heart Hook Home (A crochet blog with lots of useful tips and lovely patterns)
- Blissfully Crafted (A knitting blog with lots of help and tips for newbies like me!)
I thoroughly enjoy reading all of these blogs and hope you will too, give them a visit and some love because they are all amazing!
Thank you so much for stopping by, if you want to keep in touch you can comment below, follow my Pinterest or sign up to my monthly newsletter: